21 Day Fix Review:
Hello beauties! Today’s blog post is a 21 Day Fix Review. This is a beauty blog, and I strongly believe beauty is much more than hair and makeup. Beauty has to do with skin health, fitness, and loving ourselves! My amiga inspired me to join a 21 Day Fix Challenge group. I’m excited to share my experience with you all.
21 Day Fix Review
So the 21 Day Fix is a program designed to create healthy habits and help you get the body you always wanted. It comes with:
- Color Coded Containers to help you measure your food and control your portions
- Work out DVDS for every single day of the week (yoga, pilates, cardio, weight training)
- Shakeology, a protein shake chock full of nutrition to help you suppress cravings
- A container for your shake
- A book full of approved foods and recipes to help you customize your healthy eating plans
How the tools work to your advantage:
Don’t be fooled by the containers. It doesn’t look like much, but once you start to eat, its actually a lot of food.
The work out DVDs are only half an hour, but they totally challenge you! I’m more sore from this half hour work out, than from my usual 2 hour work outs!
The Shakeology tastes…alright. It’s not cheap if you want to keep buying it. But it really DOES help keep you full and curb cravings. If any of you know a good tasty dupe for this, please tell me in the comments.
Once you go through all the approved foods in the book, you find that there’s a lot of variety you can add to the plan. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
There is a lot of prep work in this fix. Prepping meals beforehand though, means:
- I’m prepared against cravings
- That I’m eating less processed foods
- And that I am saving money on eating out!
21 Day Fix Breakdown
It was tricky to avoid eating out and drinking alcohol. So much socializing revolves around food and booze! However, this forced me to develop healthy habits. Instead of going out to eat with my boyfriend, we cooked healthy dinners together. Instead of buying junk food at the movie theater, we packed healthy snacks. This made me more conscious of my bad habits and forced me to develop healthy habits. I’ve come a long way from day 1 to now.
Here’s how I felt during the 3 weeks:
- First Half of Week 1: I was hungry all the time and wanted junk so bad
- Second half of week one and all of week 2: I felt great! Absolutely no cravings!
- Third week: I was ready to end the challenge (I wanted a cocktail so bad!) However, I was confident I would stick with healthy habits
All in all, The 21 Day Fix helped me to construct a more balanced life style. This means:
- Working out at least 4-5 times a week
- Eating all of my healthy servings of food: protein, veggies, fruit, and healthy fat first before giving into a craving. Chances are though, once I’m full on good food, I won’t have a craving for junk!
- Drinking enough water each day
- Living a more active lifestyle (socializing with friends by hiking vs going out to drink, for example)
Have you all tried The 21 day Fix? I’d love to read your experience in the comments! If you haven’t, you can buy the challenge pack here. Until next time. Be beautiful.
I still work out 3-5 times per week. I still eat clean about 80% of the time and have a much more balanced life style. This challenge has taught me to eat clean, nutritious food; and how to exercise.