Hello beauties! Today’s blog is all about the Best Face Masks for your Skin Type. As most of you may know, I am a California Licensed Esthetician. Using a face Masque is an important part of any skin regimen. Ideally, everyone should cleanse and moisturize daily. In the morning you would want to use an SPF with your moisturizer. Based on your unique skin concerns, you can add an exfoliant and serum to boost that basic regimen. Whether you have a minimal or sophisticated regimen, a facial masque can totally enhance what you are doing on a daily basis. For best results, you would masque 1-3 times per week. Ideally, after cleansing and before other steps.
— Beautydette (@Beautydette) April 20, 2016
Best Face Masks for your Skin Type
Now that we know the steps of a regimen, and how a masque can boost the efficacy of anyone’s regimen, let’s talk about the types of masques:
- Creamy – For aging skin or skin with hyper pigmentation. Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, to plump skin cells full of hydration. Or, multivitamins for antioxidant benefits. Check out my favorite here.
- Gel- For dry, tight, or flaky skin. Look for ingredients like cucumber, mallow or ivy to really give your skin a drink of water. Check out my favorite here.
- Drying or Setting- This is the traditional masque most of us are used to. This is ideal for oily, acne, congested, or bumpy skin. Look for ingredients like clay or charcoal to draw out impurities and detox. Check out my favorite drying masque here.
- Exfoliating- This is a very special type of masque made for the multi tasker! It is a 2-in-1 step that will combine a masque and exfoliant to give you the best glowing skin possible. This type of masque is for people with hectic schedules who do not have sensitive skin. Look for ingredients like Lactic Acid to brighten, Salicylic Acid to reduce inflammation and control excess oil, and enzymes to eat away dead skin cells. Check out my favorite exfoliating masque here.
Yes I am obsessed with Dermalogica Masques! I’m a Dermalogica expert. Ha. I know these masques best and personally prefer them because of the quality. But anything with similar ingredients will benefit your skin.
- For best results, you should do the following at home:
- Exfoliate (if you are using a non-exfoliating masque)
If you lightly exfoliate before masking, the masque will work better. And, the serums you apply after will penetrate deeper, to give you the strongest and best results.
Now that you know Best Face Masks for your Skin Type, I hope you feel confidant to get one for yourself. If you still have doubts, please send me any of your skin questions in the comments below!