MEETING YOUR BOYFRIENDS PARENTS: MAKEUP IDEAS
Hello beauties! Today’s post is all about meeting your boyfriends parents. There comes a time in every woman’s life when she must…meet her boyfriend’s parents! And though this can be nerve-wracking, there are things you can do to ensure smooth sailing. The right makeup and most importantly the right attitude will take you far. So get ready for tips from your favorite beauty professional all about meeting your boyfriends parents.
Meeting your Boyfriends Parents: Makeup
If you’re meeting your boyfriends parents, then your boyfriend obviously really digs you! As a makeup artist, I suggest you keep your makeup natural looking. After all, he likes YOU not your pounds of makeup. Keep it natural looking, so that his folks will be able to see your natural beauty. My go-to’s for a natural look are:
- Exfoliate first to reveal your natural glow. Alba has great cleansers.
- Wear Face Primer (Cover FX SPF Protection if your dry, Sacha Mattifier if you’re oily)
- Tinted Moisturizer will even your complexion out, without leaving you looking too over done. (Stila makes a great one)
- *Pro Tip*Mix your primer with your tinted moisturizer for an even more natural, but still even-toned look.
- Eyeshadow: Maybeline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow. This is comparable to the Mac Paint Pot. It lasts great, and just one color on your lid will make your eyes pop! Read my review here.
- Contour with my favorite bronzer to look extra chiseled. Trust me, after contouring correctly, you will feel so much more confident.
- Wear a lipgloss that you feel great in. I feel great in plums. Other women love pinks, or peaches. Whatever you feel is your color, IS your color. 😉 Because it will have you feeling your best.
There you have it– makeup advice from your favorite makeup artist! What makeup to wear when meeting your boyfriends parents.
As an added bonus, here’s advice from my friend, and relationship expert Chauntel Delgado of Ask Chauntel. She says:
When going to meet a guys parents it is important to keep in mind that you only have one chance to make a good first impression. You want them to get to know the best side of you, and always be yourself. If there are things about yourself that you feel that you need to hide, then you might want to consider making some changes in your life.
The bottom line is, your guy wanted you to meet his parents because he appreciates who you are as a person, and he hopes his parents will too.
So, what does that mean? Keep up positive conversation, use your manners, smile, and most importantly listen. The more that you listen, the more potential you have to learn. Listening will help you add to conversation.
I hope you all found this meeting your boyfriends parents makeup and relationship advice useful. Please tell me what you think in the comments. Remember, you’re beautiful on the inside and out! And with the right makeup and attitude, a woman is virtually unstoppable. 😉